Thursday, August 27, 2009

Sydnie's birthday

Wow, I can't believe it has been 3 weeks since the girls started school. Time goes by so quickly when the girls are gone and the house is quiet. They are both enjoying school and making lots of new friends. Sydnie turned 5 on Monday and here are some pictures of her day.


I always make cinnamon rolls (ok, they're Rhodes, but I bake them...) for the birthday person to wake up to. Sydnie wasn't thrilled to wake up to her family singing Happy Birthday to her and a pan full of cinnamon rolls with candles. She got over it once we were quiet and she could eat in peace.

Yummy!!!

Sydnie's class sang Happy Birthday to her again when I brought in birthday treats. I thought she would pick Princess cupcakes, but she decided on Sponge Bob instead. They were a hit with everyone!

Her Sponge Bob ring from the top of her cupcake. The little boy next to her is Tavares. I'm pretty sure she has a crush on him. I'm positive they shouldn't sit next to each other. It's trouble waiting to happen!!! He's just as full of it as she is.



We ended the day with on of Sydnie's favorite dinners, chickalada's (chicken enchilada's) and brownie's for her cake. She loves her chocolate!


Make a wish and blow.



The day wouldn't be complete without presents. She got most of her presents in SLC in July, but Jeff and I made her wait for ours.


This was a sassy Barbie from Jake and Nikki. I'm still not sure if Jake or Uncle Andy picked it out. She had a very cute swimming suit on. Sydnie loved it!




The rest of the presents were Tiny Tink stuff. Sydnie loves fairies and princesses and anything girly! Judging from the smile on her face I think she enjoyed her day!


No comments: