Thursday, August 27, 2009

Random pictures....

One night this week after homework had been done and bath time was over, Sydnie decided it was time to "teach" Jeff how to write. She got out the crayons and markers and gave him several demonstrations. The first demo was how to hold the marker correctly. The second demo was how to draw curved lines. And last, but most important was her explanation about not panicking if you made a mistake or didn't know how to do it correctly. She would give him an example of what would happen if you panicked (yelling and getting upset) and how to do it without the panic. It was hysterical. Her teacher must talk a lot about "don't panic", because it was the first time we've ever heard that in our house. Coming from Sydnie made it that much funnier.

This one is especially for Grandma Judy. She loves to tell a story about when I was little and I snuck behind the drapes and colored on the wall. When I was done with my masterpiece, I asked from behind the drapes how to spell "Hailey didn't do it". So, when Peyton discovered this under her desk I couldn't do anything but laugh, grab the camera and think of Grandma Judy. Isn't it just beautiful! When I asked Sydnie why she had drawn all over the underside of Peyton's desk she simply said, "because I couldn't find any paper". It was a perfectly logical answer to my question. I was just happy it was washable and not on my living room wall. :-)

It looks like she was practicing her letters. I can make out an E, S, L and a backwards J.


Go ahead and laugh Grandma Judy. I know you're enjoying all of the pay back I get from Sydnie.


These are blankets Grandma Vickie made for the girls for their birthdays. They love them and have them on their beds. They really are adorable! Sydnie's has the cutest cupcakes.



Peyton's has hearts.


Two silly sisters....




We decided now that Peyton is eight and her blanket was a pile of rags, it would be a good time to retire the beloved pink blanket from when she was a baby. Anytime we talked about it with her she would get very emotional, so I decided to take her to Build a Bear and use the blanket as stuffing in an animal. Now the blanket is safely tucked inside this new pink bear (of course it had to be pink) and she was much happier about parting with the blanket.


This little lady was very cute with Peyton and helped her stuff her bear with stuffing and parts of her blanket so it felt just right.



Then she got to pick a heart and had to rub it so it would have lots of love inside it.




She had to make a special wish before putting it inside.


Then the last piece of blanket went in before it was all sewn up.


This was the finished product. Notice the pink, suede boots with fringe on them. She had to have them. Keep these in mind as you scroll down to Sydnie's creation..... My little Peyton is so much like her aunt Kristy.



More silly sisters on a different day....



Jeff took Sydnie to Build a Bear for her birthday. She picked a monkey and of course it had to be dressed like a princess.


Here she is in all her glory. Sydnie even named the monkey Sydnie on the birth certificate they give you.


She always has to pick out the fanciest shoes for her animals. Last year with my mom she picked out sparkly red shoes like Dorothy's from the Wizard of Oz. Why the need to pick the fanciest shoes?



Well, so she can wear them, of course! She's a little miss matched, but she didn't care. Notice the big toe sticking out of the black one.



Now here's a view from the side...... She will put them on and walk or run all over the house. She actually asked me if we could go for a walk around the block in them one night. Oh, she makes me laugh.



I hope you enjoyed some random pictures and had some laughs. These girls of mine crack me up.

No comments: